The Lycian Way

The Lycian Way
The Lycian Way

Sawsan and Petra

Sawsan and Petra
Sawsan and Petra trip planning in Newport RI

Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Journey

I must say that my first of 6 flights with Turkish Airlines was very pleasant. Upon boarding, the rather handsome young Turkish steward with stylish haircut took me for being Turkish, so the tan has done the trick, too bad I can't speak the language. A window seat and a thoughtful and polite young Pakistani  man next to me.
Not really in the mood for reading the New York Times. Serving a meal at around 1:30am wasn't really necessary and the lights did seem rather bright, but we were given goodie bags with eye shades, ear plugs, lip balm, slippers, socks toothbrush and toothpaste in a tiny tube that proved impossible to open without a sharp implement. I was reminded of the more stylish days of aeroplane travel. When there were no extra charges for anything including wine with dinner. 

I decided to wait to try raki until I'm in Turkey and some red wine helped me to catch a few hours sleep after watching, The Man Who Knew Infinity, with Dev Patel and narration with the beautiful voice of Jeremy Irons. The true tragic story of a genius made me cry. A very short night and a glimpse of the Italian alps below dotted clouds.

Breakfast and the last couple of hours till landing go slowly as I'm trying to imagine what my first impressions of Turkey will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment